Model Names Are Changing!
We are updating the names of our models to bring consistency and simplicity to our product offerings. As of today, you will be able to call Cohere’s models via our API and SDK with the new model names, and all of our documentation has been updated to reflect the new naming convention.
Multilingual Support for Co.classify
The co.classify endpoint now supports the use of Cohere's multilingual embedding model. The
multilingual-22-12 model is now a valid model input in the co.classify call.
Command Model Nightly Available!
Nightly versions of our Common models are now available. This means that every week, you can expect the performance of command-nightly to improve as we continually retrain them.
Multilingual Text Understanding Model + Language Detection!
Cohere's multilingual text understanding model is now available! The
multilingual-22-12 model can be used to semantically search within a single language, as well as across languages. Compared to keyword search, where you often need separate tokenizers and indices to handle different languages, the deployment of the multilingual model for search is trivial: no language-specific handling is needed — everything can be done by a single model within a single index.
Model Sizing Update + Improvements
Effective December 2, 2022, we will be consolidating our generative models and only serving our Medium (focused on speed) and X-Large (focused on quality). We will also be discontinuing support for our Medium embedding model.
Improvements to Current Models + New Beta Model (Command)!
New & Improved Medium & Extremely Large
New Look For Docs!
We've updated our docs to better suit our new developer journey! You'll have a sleeker, more streamlined documentation experience.
New Logit Bias experimental parameter
Our Generative models have now the option to use the new logit_bias parameter to prevent the model from generating unwanted tokens or to incentivize it to include desired tokens. Logit bias is supported in all our default Generative models.
Co.classify powered by our Representational model embeddings
The Co.classify endpoint now serves few-shot classification tasks using embeddings from our Representational model for the small, medium, and large default models.
Pricing Update and New Dashboard UI
- Free, rate limited Trial Keys for experimentation, testing, and playground usage
- Production keys with no rate limit for serving Cohere in production applications
- Flat rate pricing for Generate and Embed endpoints
- Reduced pricing for Classify endpoint
- New UI for dashboard including sign up and onboarding - everything except playground
- New use-case specific Quickstart Guides to learn about using Cohere API
- Replacing "Finetune" nomenclature with "Custom Model"
- Inviting team members is now more intuitive. Teams enable users to share custom models with each other
- Generative custom models now show accuracy and loss metrics alongside logs
- Embed and Classify custom models now show logs alongside accuracy, loss, precision, f1, recall
- Custom model details now show number of each label in dataset